It’s an exciting day for us here at Xactly: Great Place to Work® named us one of the 50 best small and medium workplaces in the United States! Is that not awesome? Here’s the page that talks about us.
Customer focus is at the heart of our core values, but this is the perfect opportunity to talk about ourselves (just a little) and about what makes our company special — so much so that we’re now getting national attention.
Great Place to Work® chooses its list based on credibility, respect, fairness, pride and camaraderie. That aligns pretty nicely with our core values of Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence.
Christopher Cabrera, our president and CEO, says the framework for Xactly’s culture has been in place from the company’s earliest days. Here are a few of his observations on what makes a great place to work:
- We have always hired great people
- We believe that people are not “resources.” That’s why we don’t have HR, but instead people operations
- We have always strongly encouraged work/life balance
- We created our core values early on and have lived by them every day (CARE)
- We created our philanthropic foundation, XactlyOne, when we had three employees, and we have been very active ever since
- We have always believed in developing our people (training, tuition reimbursement, etc.)
- We have always pushed a non-political, non-hierarchical culture
Cabrera’s approach is obviously working. Along with today’s award, the Bay Area News Group this year recognized Xactly as a top place to work in the San Francisco Bay Area, and The Wall Street Journal named us to its “Next Big Thing” list of top start-ups in the U.S. for the second year in a row.
Does Xactly sound like your kind of workplace? (We have to say, our San Jose headquarters is pretty snazzy.) We’ve also opened offices in Denver, London, and Bangalore. Hop on over to our LinkedIn Careers page to check out our openings.
And now, customers, back to you!