Coming back from the weekend is always tough, and it's even harder when you come back after a long weekend like today. But there are some ways to make sure you never have 'a case of the Mondays' again. Some may call me an over-planner, while others call me someone who likes to use my time in loving ways. Truth is? Time, and the way you spend it is important. What we do on our days off is just as important as the days we spend working at the office. Take a moment to think about the different ways you spend your weekends; make a list now. From a non-judgmental point of view, start to notice which activities drain your energy tank, causing Monday to be a much harder hill to climb than usual.
- Are there things you participate in that consistently bring you down?
- Maybe there’s a group of people where after you spend time with them you have a hard time getting back into a positive mood?
- Now take a closer look at the activities that bring you joy, the ones that don’t feel like work.
- Maybe you’re in a club that has meetings every other Saturday? You leave each meeting feeling refreshed and excited for all the new ideas you came up with.
- Perhaps you notice if you do something outside in nature it brings you peace of mind and helps to relieve stress.