At Xactly we C.A.R.E. about you, our customer:
To succeed and earn your trust, we need to meet your expectations every single day, with every interaction. We also know that trust starts with security and visibility. Using Xactly Incent Trust, you can find real-time updates on system performance, including privacy and security information, for the Incent Suite.
Xactly recognizes the importance of visibility into the system availability, scheduled maintenance, and overall reliability of the Xactly Incent Suite. This page displays the system maintenance announcements, including the current system status of the Xactly Incent Suite, as well as the Historic System Up Time of the Xactly Incent production environment.
Current System Status
To determine the refresh status section that applies to your business, please refer to the URL in the browser window address bar when you log into Incent (example: "secure1.xactlycorp.com ").
= Online = Under Maintenance = Information Available = Service Disruption
Xactly recognizes the importance of visibility into the system availability, scheduled maintenance, and overall reliability. To determine the refresh status section that applies to your business, please refer to the URL in the browser window address bar when you log into Incent (example: "secure1.xactlycorp.com "). For more information on how uptime is calculated, refer to your Service Level Agreement (SLA). Note: Current month uptime is calculated on a month to date basis.
|YEAR||MONTH||SECURE 1||SECURE 2||SECURE 3||SECURE 4|
Xactly understands that the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our customers’ information are vital to their business operations and therefore to our success.
We use a multi-layered approach to protect that key information, constantly monitoring and improving our applications, systems, and processes to meet the changing demands and challenges of security.
Secure Data Centers
Our service is collocated in dedicated secure cages in top-tier data centers. These facilities provide carrier-level support, including:
- 24×7 monitoring by closed-circuit cameras and onsite guards
- Data center space is physically isolated and accessible only by specified administrators
- Access is restricted to authorized personnel through biometric two-factor authentication
- Fully-managed, hardened, stateful inspection firewall technology
- Fully-managed Intrusion Detection System (IDS)
- Edge-to-edge security, visibility and carrier-class threat management and remediation utilizing Arbor Networks Peakflow to compare real-time network traffic, immediately flagging anomalies such as:
- Denial of Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, worms or botnets
- Network issues such as traffic and routing instability, equipment failures, or misconfigurations
- 24x7x365 Firewall, VPN, and IDS support and maintenance
- Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) to handle reports of security incidents
Power and Environment
Redundant UPS and generator backups for all systems
HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) systems arranged in an N+1 redundancy configuration
Automated controls that provide the appropriate levels of airflow, temperature, and humidity
Fire Detection and Suppression
Multi-zoned, dry pipe, water-based fire suppression systems
Monitors to sample the air and provide alarms prior to pressurization
Dual-alarm activation necessary for water pressurization
Water discharge specific to fire alarm location
Flood Control and Earthquake
All facilities built above sea level with no basement areas
Moisture barriers on exterior walls
Dedicated pump rooms for drainage/evacuations systems
Moisture detection systems
Location-specific seismic compliance
All facilities meet or exceed requirements for local seismic building codes
Secure Transmission and Sessions
Connection to the Xactly Incent environment is via TLS 1.2, 1.1. and1.0, using global step-up certificates, ensuring that our users have a secure connection from their browsers to our service
Individual user sessions are identified and re-verified with each transaction, using a unique token created at login
Perimeter firewalls and edge routers block unused protocols
Internal firewalls segregate traffic between the application and database tiers
A third-party service provider continuously scans the network externally and alerts changes in baseline configuration
The Xactly Incent service performs real-time replication to disk within the data center for business continuity purposes, and offsite data storage at a secure facility for disaster recovery purposes. Note also the following:
Data is transmitted across encrypted links
Disaster recovery functionality is exercised regularly to verify projected recovery times and the integrity of customer data
All data is backed up at each data center, on a rotating schedule of incremental and full backups. The backups are then replicated over secure links to a secure archive.
Internal and Third-party Testing and Assessments
Xactly tests all code for security vulnerabilities before release, and regularly scans our network and systems for vulnerabilities. Third-party assessments are also conducted regularly, including:
- Web application vulnerability assessments
- Network vulnerability assessments
- Selected penetration testing and code reviews
- Security control framework review and testing
Xactly Operations monitors notifications from various sources and alerts from internal systems to identify and manage threats. Potential threats are logged and investigated as part of the Xactly Incident Management Process.
Xactly uses the most advanced Internet security available today to ensure the security of customer information. Whenever a user accesses Xactly Incent, a secure HTTP connection is established leveraging Secure Socket Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) technology. This technology enables Xactly to ensure that customer information is safe, secure, and only available to registered users.
All Xactly Incent users have a unique user name and password that is enforced with strict rules regarding password length, reuse, and more. Additionally, since a limited number of users, typically compensation analysts, enter company data, Xactly offers an optional feature to lock their access to specific IP addresses.
The Xactly hosted environment is secured in Tier IV data center facilities managed by a world-class Managed Services Provider. Security at these facilities is guided by a “defense-in-depth” security strategy using layers of integrated and redundant security measures.
Users of online services are potential targets for attempts to steal login credentials and other sensitive information. These threats include scam emails (phishing and malware) and phone calls (or other social engineering techniques) attempting to gather information that can be used to gain unauthorized access or privileged knowledge.
Xactly does not require the use of Java running within a user’s browser. Information regarding risks related to Java runnning within a user’s browser can be found at: http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/625617
Username and Password Reuse Across Multiple Sites
At Xactly, we recognize that having a trusted relationship with our customers is a continuous and on-going process. When creating your username and password for the Xactly Incent suite, please keep in mind best practices for access credentials:
- Don’t use the same username and password for all (or even many) of your online accounts.
- Don’t share your passwords with anybody; don’t write them down or send them via email. Xactly support personnel will never ask you for your password.
- Configure strong password policies such as password strength, aging, and re-use.
- For more information about passwords and your Xactly Incent configuration, see the Security Best Practices section of our Trust site at: https://www.xactlycorp.com/company/xactly-trust/best-practices/
Wireless Connection Sniffing and Hijacking
Xactly provides SSL 3.0/TLS 1.0 encryption (https) for login and communications between the Incent application and a user’s web browser. This means that even when logging in to Incent over an unsecured wireless network, your login credentials and business data are protected from hijacking.
Along with encrypted connections, Xactly offers a suite of security features that customers can configure to their needs. For more information, see the Security Best Practices section of our Trust site at: https://www.xactlycorp.com/company/xactly-trust/best-practices/
Phishing and Malware
“Phishing” is an attack technique whereby Internet criminals set up a web site that mimics a legitimate site, such as login.www.xactlycorp.com. By following the tips below, you can reduce the potential for becoming a victim:
- Always look for the “lock” icon in the bottom-right corner of your browser
- Be suspicious of emails that include links to login.www.xactlycorp.com. Don’t click on such links—instead, always log in to Incent in one of the following ways:
- Enter “https://login.xactlycorp.com ” in the browser address field for the Incent production environment.
- Enter “https://sandbox.xactlycorp.com/login.php” in the browser address field for the Incent sandbox environment.
- Click the Customer Login tab on the www.xactlycorp.com home page (www.xactlycorp.com) .
Phishing emails try to trick you into revealing information, often by asking you to “verify” or “update” information. Such emails may use the logos of the companies or government agencies they are impersonating to look legitimate.
One clue is that these messages often contain poor spelling and grammar. However, as technology criminals become more sophisticated, their approaches are becoming more varied and their attempts are getting better.
Another sign to check is a link (or links) that don’t match the URLs of the companies from which they claim to come.
Legitimate businesses, such as Xactly, will never ask you for sensitive information via email. If you receive such an email, do not respond or click any links in the email; instead contact Xactly Support to report the issue.
Look out for Suspicious Links and Attachments
Malicious software attacks can also come via email, using many of the same tactics as phishing. These emails include links or attachments that install malicious code—including programs that capture keystrokes—on your computer. As users have become wary of attachments with “.exe” or unknown extensions, Internet criminals are now using attachments with seemingly innocuous “.doc” or “.pdf” extensions.
To avoid becoming a victim of malicious emails, please adhere to these recommendations:
- Beware of unusual links.
- Watch out for links that contain URLs that look similar to real ones, for example: “www.xctlycorp.com” or “trust-www.xactlycorp.com ”.
- To validate a suspicious link, enter the company’s URL into the browser address field yourself. Phishers can make links look legitimate, even though they take you to a different site.
- If you receive a suspicious email that includes the www.xactlycorp.com brand, please contact Xactly Support to report the issue.
Suspicious Phone Calls (Social Engineering)
Criminals may also try to misrepresent themselves as employees or agents of www.xactlycorp.com. Some of these callers are attempting to steal your www.xactlycorp.com credentials—an illegal practice known as “social engineering.”
Here’s how it typically works:
- A caller identifies companies that use Xactly applications.
- The caller contacts the customer’s main switchboard and asks for the person responsible for Xactly or the Xactly administrator. The caller may claim to offer a “new version of the application.”
- The caller asks for login credentials to “install improvements” or perform other activities in the customer’s instance of Xactly.
What you need to do:
- Remind your users that Xactly employees will never ask for usernames or passwords.
- If one of your users betrays his or her login credentials, reset that person’s password immediately and notify Xactly Support.
- If a caller identifies him or herself as an Xactly employee and you do not recognize his or her name, ask for a call-back number and email address. After you get the information, contact Xactly Support to verify whether the caller is an Xactly employee.
Administrators – Protect Your Company
Implement IP Restrictions in Xactly Incent
A great tool for protecting your applications is restricting login to those IP addresses that you specifically approve.To restrict IP addresses, click Setup > Users > User Information, and enter the appropriate address in the IP address field. When enabled, the specified user can only log into the Xactly Incent application using the specified IP address.
Secure Employee Systems
One of your goals should be to keep email fraud, malware and phishing attempts, from reaching your users. To help do this, secure all computers used by your employees by doing the following:
- Update all users to the latest supported browser version.
- Deploy email filtering technology. Make sure you white list Xactly Incent IP addresses.
- Install and maintain virus and malware protection software on all user machines, and keep all applications and definitions up to date.
Strengthen Password Policies
You can make passwords more secure and harder to break by requiring users to utilize complex passwords, enforcing password expiration on a regular basis, and implementing lockouts based on unsuccessful login attempts. To set password policies, click Preferences > Password Policies, and specify the following values:
Controls the frequency by which passwords expire for the Xactly Incent suite
Specifies the minimum required password length to access the Xactly Incent suite
Establishes the degree of complexity required for a password
Login Attempt Account Lockout Threshold
Locks out a user after the specified number of consecutive unsuccessful login attempts
New Password After Lockout Requirement
Controls whether a user must create a new password after being locked out of the application
Challenge Question Requirement
Requires a challenge question and answer when the user is resetting their password (to better ensure the identity of the user)
Require Secure Sessions
By default, Xactly mandates that all Xactly Incent suite sessions are encrypted and secure to protect information in transit.
Decrease Session Timeout Thresholds
Users sometimes leave their computers unattended, or they fail to log off. You can protect your applications against unauthorized access by automatically closing sessions when there is no session activity for a period of time. The default timeout is 2 hours; you can set this value from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
To change the session timeout, click Setup > Preferences > SESSION_TIMEOUT, and enter the appropriate value. In addition, you can configure a session timeout warning that is issued to users 10 minutes prior to their session automatically timing out.
To change the session timeout, click Setup > Preferences > SESSION_TIMEOUT_WARNING, and specify the appropriate warning.
Identify the Primary Business Administrator
Xactly recommends that you identify a person in your company who is to serve as the primary person responsible for application administration and security. This person should have a thorough understanding of your application and security policies. Be sure to make this person your single point of contact for Xactly Incent.
To notify Xactly about your primary administrative/security contact, contact Xactly Support.
Effective Date: January 24, 2017
This Privacy Statement applies to www.xactlycorp.com and the Xactly platforms; Xactly Incent Enterprise™, Xactly Incent Express™, Xactly Insights™ and Xactly Objectives™ owned and operated by Xactly Corporation (“Xactly” or “we”). Xactly has created this privacy statement (“Statement”) in order to demonstrate our commitment to data privacy. Privacy on the www.xactlycorp.com Web Site (the “Site) and the Xactly platforms; Xactly Incent Enterprise, Xactly Insights, Xactly Quota and Xactly Objectives (the “Platform”) is of great importance to us. Since we gather sensitive information from our visitors and customers, we have established this Statement to communicate our information gathering and management practices as well the choices we have made regarding how we use the information we collect. It also describes the choices available to you regarding the use of, your access to, and how to update and correct your personal information. In an effort to ensure the highest levels of data privacy, our standards meet or exceed the U.S. Department of Commerce’s “Safe Harbor” standards. If you have any questions regarding this policy please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Xactly complies with the U.S.–Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from Switzerland. Xactly has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Xactly’s certification, please visit https://safeharbor.export.gov/swisslist.aspx.
The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged Xactly.
In order to access certain portions of the Site, you will be required to register by providing certain limited information regarding you and the company you represent such as name, email address, address and phone number. Xactly collects this information and engages third parties to collect personal information to assist us for a variety of reasons, including personalizing your experience, contacting visitors to further discuss their interest in our company, when you register for a webinar or other informational offering, and sending information regarding our company, such as newsletters and events. Xactly and the third parties we engage may combine the information we collect with information obtained from other sources to help us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and to help us better tailor our interactions with you. Visitor and any personal customer information will not be distributed or shared with any third parties under any circumstance other than as outlined in this Statement. Customers can opt out of being contacted by us, or receiving such information from us, at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the email communications you receive or by sending an email to email@example.com.
When you download our mobile application and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use and operating system version.
Cookies and other Web Technologies
When you interact with the www.xactlycorp.com Site and Platform, we strive to make that experience easy and meaningful. When you come to our Site and Platform, our Web server may send a cookie to your computer. Cookies are files that Web browsers place on a computer’s hard drive and are used to tell us whether customers and visitors have visited the Site previously. Standing alone, cookies do not identify you personally. They merely recognize your browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself to Xactly either by requesting a download or registering for a demo or webinar, you remain anonymous to Xactly. If you do not accept cookies from the domain “www.xactlycorp.com”, you cannot access certain portions of the Site or Platform without registering again each time you would like to access restricted information.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses and other data that we automatically collect are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may work with partners or sponsors to provide access to content. When you access such content, we may share your personally identifiable information with the associated partners or sponsors.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
Social Media Features
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users Outside of the United States
While we make every effort to honor the laws and wishes of all users, this Site is available for users located primarily in the United States of America and therefore may or may not address privacy requirements contained in non-domestic legislation.
Xactly takes substantial precautions to protect data and information under its control from misuse, loss or alteration. We utilize some of the most advanced technology available today for Internet security and are constantly taking measures to adjust to the changing security landscape. As such, Xactly maintains layered, defense in-depth security measures, including hosting our solution in a Tier IV (the highest recognized level) datacenter, to allow only authorized personnel access to your information. When you provide us with sensitive information (such as your login credentials) we transmit your personal information via SSL encryption. Unfortunately, no system can ensure complete security, and Xactly disclaims any liability resulting from use of the Site. If you have any questions regarding security on our web site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The Site contains links to other Web Sites. Xactly is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other Web Sites. Visitors are advised to check the policy statements of other Web Sites to understand their policies. Accessing a linked site may expose your private information.
Xactly provides you with a choice to opt out of disclosure of your personal information to a third party or the use of personal information for something other than it was originally collected.
Xactly collects information under the direction of its customers, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are a customer of one of Xactly’s customer (the data controller) and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our customer that use our service, please contact the Xactly customer that you interact with directly.
Xactly may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our services to our customers and users such as an email service provider to send emails on our behalf and a career management partner to collect potential employee information. Transfers to these third parties are covered by the provisions in this Policy regarding notice and choice and the service agreements with our Clients.
We reserve the right to disclose personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
In the event Xactly goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via either email or prominent notice on our Web site for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
Xactly shall use information collected for its relevant and intended purpose only. If there is any change of use of the personal information collected, Xactly shall inform you and gain your approval before making such changes of the use of the personal information collected. Further, Xactly shall take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected is accurate and reliable for its intended use.
Access to Personal Information Received
Upon request Xactly shall provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information and reasonable access, as required by law, to your personal information in order to confirm that it is correct or to amend or delete inaccurate information. If you need to correct, update, or remove personal information provided to Xactly, please contact Xactly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by our postal mail at the contact information listed below. Xactly has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the Xactly’s customer (the data controller). If the customer requests Xactly to remove the data they can contact us at: email@example.com. We will endeavor to respond to all requests for access within 30 days.
Xactly acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. Xactly has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the Xactly’s customer (the data controller). If the customer requests Xactly to remove the data they can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to respond to all requests for access within 30 days.
Xactly will retain your personal information and the personal information we process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed provide services to our customers. Xactly will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
300 Park Ave #1700
San Jose, CA 95110
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
This Policy may be amended from time to time, consistent with the requirements of the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles. Appropriate notice of any material amendments we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a prominent notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
For additional questions, or to be taken off our marketing lists, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or to the contact information above.
Xactly Tools that Support Privacy Compliance
Xactly recognizes that many of our customers are subject to at least some privacy-related laws that govern the handling of personal information. We seek to support our customers’ compliance with such laws by providing a comprehensive privacy and security program that includes technology, policies, practices, people and certifications.
Xactly maintains a comprehensive array of technical measures to protect the Xactly service, and offers a robust set of customer-controlled settings to further heighten privacy and security protection.
Default Privacy and Security Features
Application features that protect customer data
- Connection to the Xactly Incent service is via secure socket layer/transport layer security (SSL/TLS), ensuring that our customers have a secure connection to their data.
- Individual user sessions are uniquely identified and re-verified with each transaction.
- Customer passwords are not accessible by Xactly personnel.
- Application logs record the creator, last updater, timestamps, and originating IP address for every record and transaction completed.
Logical separation of customer data
- Hardware and software configurations are designed to provide secure logical separation of customer data that permits each customer to view only its related information.
- Multitenant security controls include unique, non-predictable session tokens, configurable session timeout values, password policies, sharing rules, and user profiles.
- The Xactly Incent service supports delegated authentication.
Network security measures
- Multiple layers of external firewalls
- Intrusion-detection sensors
- Security event management system
- Continuous external vulnerability scanning
Redundancy and Scalability
- The Xactly Incent service is highly scalable and redundant, allowing for fluctuation in demand and expansion of users while greatly reducing the threat of long-term outages.
- Load-balanced networks, pools of application servers, and clustered databases are features of our design.
- All customer data is stored in secure data centers and is replicated over secure links to an offsite disaster recovery facility.
- The design provides the ability to rapidly restore the Xactly Incent service in the case of a catastrophic loss.
- In addition to disaster-recovery capabilities, customer data is also backed up.
- Xactly utilizes a 90 day, grandfather/father/son retention scheme for production server backups, as follows:
- Son: Daily backup – six incremental copies kept for 7 days
- Father: Weekly backup – five full backup copies kept for 28 days
- Grandfather: Monthly backup – retained for 90 days
Customer-Controlled Privacy and Security Settings
- Customers can determine which of their respective designees can access different categories of data.
- Customers can set customizable password rules.
- Customers can define log-off times for inactivity.
- Customers can enable Xactly’s IP restrictions feature that enables customers to restrict the IP address from which its designees can log in.
Xactly has privacy and security policies that apply to all of our information handling practices.
- For information collected, Xactly provides assurances about the types of information collected, how that information may be used, and how that information may be shared.
- Xactly offers individuals the opportunity to manage their receipt of marketing and other non-transactional communications.
- Xactly offers individuals the opportunity to update or change the information they provide.
Xactly’s comprehensive privacy and security program includes communicating with personnel and customers about current issues and best practices.
Internal Training and Communications for Xactly Personnel
- Xactly regularly communicates with our personnel about our obligation to safeguard confidential information, including customer data and personal information.
Customer End User Awareness
- Xactly strongly encourages all of our customers and users to adopt industry-standard solutions to secure and protect their authentication credentials, networks, servers, and computers from security attacks.
- Xactly maintains a proactive client communication process which includes notifying end users about specific security issues, when warranted.
- The Xactly Help system contains information about implementing customer-controlled security settings within the application.
- The Security section of the Trust Web site includes a security-related white paper.
Xactly has regulated and auditable security certifications, including audits performed by third parties.
- EU Safe Harbor
Global Audit Compliance
- SSAE 16 Type II